Hurricane Dorian relief: PLEASE HELP NOW!
1. If you are a foreigner - please donate money at the following gofund me page. Why? Money is needed for fuel to relocate people who have lost their homes, rescue planes, boats, cars and teams are needed to come back and forth from Abaco/Grand Bahama to Nassau to safety. Any little bit helps.
If you're a "big US donor" the image attached has info on 501c status etc.
2. If you are a foreigner and would like to order useful supplies to be sent over to our relief centres please order things like: generators, portable stoves, butane, air mattresses, toiletries, baby supplies (diapers, wipes, liquid formula), chain saws, tarps, flash lights, tools, battery powered drills. These can be ordered directly from https://www.oasisbahamas.com/h
The website should be ready by this afternoon (Tuesday 3rd September).
3. US LOCATION FOR DROPOFF:
If you are IN FLORIDA and are able to drop off needed items directly, there are two options -
(a) Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport:
Headknowles Foundation c/o
5610 NW 12th Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
(b) Orlando Executive Airport
Headknowles Foundation c/o
ORL Atlantic Aviation FBO
400 Herndon Ave
Orlando, Fl 32803
*The Bahamas Consulate General Atlanta* is accepting emergency relief supplies for the islands in The Bahamas affected by the passage of Hurricane Dorian. Items can be delivered to 2970 Clairmont Rd NE Suite #290, Atlanta GA 30329. Telephone: 404-214-0492. Email: email@example.com.
*The Bahamas Consulate General New York* is accepting emergency relief supplies for the Islands of The Bahamas affected by the passage of Hurricane Dorian starting tomorrow morning (Tues, Sept 3rd) at 10:00am. Items can be delivered to BAHAMAS HOUSE NEW YORK - 231 East 24th Street, NY NY 10017. Telephone: 212 421 6420/ 320 201 1145. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Bahamas Embassy Consular Annex (Washington, D.C.)*: For those of you in the DMV area and beyond that would like to send donations to aid in relief efforts, please drop-off items at the office, located at 1025 Vermont Ave, NW, Suite 305 Washington, D.C. 20005 or contact the office for other methods to contribute.
4. If you are Bahamian you can send funds directly to Head Knowles Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) account # 05745-2883452
5. If you are in Nassau please drop needed goods (as identified above and in image) to:
NPCC - daily 7:30am to 6pm
Golden wings Charter on Coral Harbour Rd (next to BahamasAir offices)
BNT - Wednesday 9-5
Ranfurly - Weekdays 9-5
6. I know BAARK! is looking for foster homes for animals. Please contact them if you are in Nassau and can help.
7. Homes / beds will be needed in Nassau for those coming in with no homes left. If you have an empty airbnb / space in your home / anywhere folks can be housed, please let one of the admins at HeadKnowles know (I have seen both Patrina Khoo Farquharson and Gina Jenkins post about this and hope they are ok with me tagging them here. Please tell me to remove you if you are too overwhelmed already and will remove you!). We were able to add HumesHouse to the list of places offering accommodations and hope you will do the same if possible.
(8) Finally I am sure volunteers are still needed to sort donated items etc. I'd check in with New Providence Community Centre if you are in the west.
(9) Scott Aranha is leading an effort which will be going over this morning (TUESDAY 3rd September and they need: RIBs (rugged Inflatable boats, ideally smaller 13-17ft) and JETSKIs. These will save lives please let him know if you have one he can use!
(10) DONATE BLOOD - if you have nothing to give, and no money to spare, but live in Nassau, please consider going to PMH and donating blood if the roads are clear. We know that already 21 wounded have been airlifted in from Abaco, and have to expect that more will come. Every donation has the ability to save 3 lives!”